Hours: Full time fixed term (37.5 hours per week or to be agreed) to 30 June 2020
Reports to: Head of Communications & Engagement
Closing Date: 11 February 2020
Salary: Up to $55,000 per annum plus superannuation + salary packaging
Benefits: Salary Packaging available. Generous training allowance
As the Communications Assistant you will be responsible for implementing communication activities to engage our target audiences including community partners and key stakeholders.
You will provide project administrative support such as organising meetings, travel, and event and campaign logistics.
You will work within brand guidelines to provide support for campaign and communications activities, such as managing email list subscriptions, sending emails using email software, distributing campaign materials and information, monitoring social media posts, completing reporting, and graphic design collateral.
You will work as part of a small team in the Australian office of Good Things Foundation and liaise with our UK colleagues.
You can manage your time well, have a practical and efficient approach, you are good at prioritising, collaborate well with others and you have great written and verbal communication skills.
You will be supported to implement innovative ways of communicating with a national network of community organisations and reach our target audiences. You will provide regular feedback to your line manager and team.
Key Objectives and Accountabilities
Manage a targeted marketing campaign:
- Support and deliver communications activities, including traditional and social media monitoring, managing email lists, contacting network partners and sector communications channels, writing web content, distributing information, designing collateral using graphic design software, and inputting into activity reporting.
- Work within brand and organisational guidelines, adapting style and content to meet the needs of the audience
- Provide administrative support for communications activities, including coordinating meetings and recording action items, and completing reporting processes
- Provide logistics support for campaign and communications activities, including planning travel and case studies
- Collaborate with the Communications & Engagement team and broader Good Things Foundation team in Australia and the UK to engage our target audiences and ensure best practice communications are delivered.
- Relevant work experience using your sound communications skills
- Experience working within brand and/or organisational guidelines
- Experience implementing engaging communications to reach target audiences is desirable
- Experience using graphic design software, updating websites and using email software is desirable
- Demonstrated experience liaising with agency and freelance staff to deliver campaigns in short time periods, with account management experience highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong commitment to digital and social inclusion
- People focused with excellent administration and organisational skills
- Motivated, collaborative and flexible
- Willingness to learn quickly and contribute to a team
- Knowledge of the Australian voluntary and community sector is desirable
- Experience using Google suite, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, or willingness to learn
- Ability to master custom CMS and CRM
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A good eye for design with excellent grammar and spelling
Ability to understand information in spreadsheets/reports
Education and Qualifications
- Tertiary Education in communications or related field