Good Things Foundation has a vision of building a social movement to help Australians improve their lives online. Based on their UK partner’s model, the organisation supports digitally and socially excluded people to improve their lives through the use of the internet; offering a range of resources, online training, network events, and dedicated network coordinators.
Building on the huge success of Good Things Foundation in the UK, and after establishment in Australia two years ago, the Foundation won a contract with the Department of Social Services to build and support a large network of local community partners to help older Australians to better use the internet. This project is well underway, and Good Things Foundation is now looking to expand their scope and reach, delivering new digital and social inclusion projects and raising the profile of the organisation. They’re seeking a collaborative, analytical and visionary business leader to join a team passionate about digital and social inclusion.
The role’s key responsibilities include:
- Championing digital social change as the cornerstone of Good Things Foundation’s mission, seeking out new opportunities and developing existing partnerships
- Raising the profile of the Foundation and driving deeper impact through business development activity leading to new projects
- Managing and delivering new digital social inclusion projects
- As a senior member of the team, working collaboratively to develop the organisation including the Good Things Foundation strategy
- Managing the Service Designer
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Excellent relationship management and business development, including winning new projects through partner development, and writing bids and proposals
- Implementing projects and programs, managing the people and resources, as well as delivering and reporting on progress and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating successes and lessons learned
- Leadership in an organisation that has experienced rapid growth or change
- Empowering staff to perform at their best Contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond an immediate job description
The following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to think in a strategic and innovative way and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
- Proactive and skilled in solving problems
- Experience within the Australian Community Services sector and/or Government would be an advantage.
Join a dynamic, small and friendly team located in Sydney, and work alongside colleagues in the UK as part of the global organisation. This is a full-time role. A copy of the job description can be found here.
If you have any specific questions about the role, please email email@example.com.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in representing Good Things Foundation Australia and how your skills and experience align with this opportunity.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 28 July 2019.