Are you looking for a role in an exciting, forward-thinking organisation? Do you want to help shape a new, small and dynamic team? Are you interested in working to support the Australian branch of a global company? Do you want your work to make a difference to the lives of people in the community?
Good Things Foundation is a new, innovative for-purpose organisation in Australia, supported by Good Things Foundation in the UK. We are focused on improving people’s lives through digital. We’re looking to grow our small Sydney-based team with friendly, passionate and innovative individuals who really want to make a difference by making the digital world accessible to all Australians.
We are looking for a highly proactive, innovative and motivated individual to join us in developing a new digital inclusion network in Australia. This role will offer the opportunity to make your mark within a growing organisation.
You will provide support for the office IT and cloud services for Australian office, making sure that procedures are followed. You will also be first line technical support to our network of community organisations on issues they may be having with our systems.
You will often work independently, but be happy to work as part of a small team that is establishing and operating the Australian office of Good Things Foundation. You will also be the key point of contact between the Australian office and the UK based development team.
You will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication skills - The confidence to communicate with clarity both in person and using online tools
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills - you will need a keen eye for detail and be expected to understand why problems are occurring and translate this into language the rest of the business will understand
- Database and SQL skills
- Web development/programming skills - A solid understanding of web development technologies and security considerations to help you debug
- Self-motivation - to be proactive and able to work remotely from the rest of the technical team in the organisation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Flexible working pattern to overlap with the UK team for a certain number of hours per week, so that there can be interaction with all members of the UK digital team
- Successful applicant will need to spend 2 weeks in the UK training with the team when they first start
If you would like to join us please apply by emailing a personal statement (max 2 pages) saying why you’re perfect for the role and an up-to-date resume to email@example.com
A full job description here.