Are you looking for an exciting role building a new digital inclusion network in Australia? Good Things Foundation - who have recently secured a contract to run the Be Connected network - are looking for an ambitious, motivated and organised individual to join their small team. You will build and develop the Be Connected Network across Australia - a new network of community-based organisations supporting Australian seniors (initially) and other groups to build their digital confidence and skills.
Reporting to the Director of Good Things Foundation Australia you will support the development and the successful delivery of a $20m community grants program including a robust delivery and network funding plan. We will be distributing Australian Federal Government grants of circa $4-11 million per annum.
You will work closely with the Director and National Partners Manager, and you will deliver a yearly funding strategy to ensure that the Network is always well placed to deliver projects and is aligned to the Good Things Foundation strategy.
With an eye for detail and demonstrable experience collating reports for senior managers and stakeholders you will be accountable for funded delivery reporting and expected to provide regular reports to the Leadership Team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide intelligence to the wider organisation to inform strategic and operational planning.
- To review and analyse data on an in-depth basis to make sound judgements on whether delivery is on track and implement quick solutions and support to centres to mitigate any performance issues.
- Quality assuring all funded delivery by taking ownership of Network compliance, audit and quality through implementing the Delivery Assurance Framework.
- To manage and support staff in their role, empowering and supporting them to deliver a great service as part of the Good Things Foundation Australia team.
- In due course you should expect to be accountable for the delivery of some additional Network-based projects and will be expected to take a proactive approach to this delivery, bringing other members of the team in when required.
You will have the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Excellent organisational and management skills and be a highly proactive, innovative and motivated individual
- Experienced manager, preferably in a community and/or network context and/or a social innovation organisation
- A minimum of 1 years experience of managing (eg performance management, quality assurance and compliance) grant funded contracts exceeding $1m
- A minimum of 1 years experience performance reporting and analysis
- Experience of empowering staff to perform at their best and to develop
- Experience of managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects and work streams to meet organisational objectives and the needs of the network
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond your immediate job description
- Ability to think innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows.
- Proven problem solver, with evidence of providing simple, practical solutions to complex problems.
- Proactive and flexible to taking on new areas of work and doing whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and your team
- Excellent communications, influencing and negotiations skills
You must be prepared to undertake occasional pre-agreed out of hours work and/or travel to support operational planning and network recruitment/engagement activities.
The Be Connected Network is a new network of community-based organisations supporting Australian seniors and other groups to build their digital confidence and skills. Good Things Foundation is working with the Australian Department of Social Services to build and manage this network through a three-year partnership programme.
Good Things Foundation Australia is a subsidiary of Good Things Foundation, based in the UK, who deliver a range of projects and programmes for the UK government and other partners. We're looking to grow our small Sydney-based team with friendly, passionate and innovative individuals who really want to make a difference.
Please apply by emailing a personal statement saying why you're perfect for the role and an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.