Are you looking for an exciting role building a new digital inclusion network in Australia? Good Things Foundation - who have recently secured a contract to run the Be Connected network - are looking for an ambitious, motivated and organised individual to join their small team. You will build and develop the Be Connected Network across Australia - a new network of community-based organisations supporting Australian seniors (initially) and other groups to build their digital confidence and skills.
Reporting to the Director of Good Things Foundation Australia and working with the Good Things Foundation wider team you will represent the interests of the Be Connected Network to Australian audiences and stakeholders and you will provide intelligence that informs strategic and operational planning.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing a small team of Network Coordinators who provide excellent customer service and support to our growing network of community partners across Australia, with an ambition to reach over 2,000 libraries and other local organisations
- Help deliver Good Things Foundation Australia's network building and development strategy. You will continually explore and develop routes and approaches to strengthen the Be Connected Network, through strategic gap filling, recruitment, retention and engagement.
- You will grow to become the expert about our network of local partners, advising colleagues in other teams. A keen and proactive problem solver, you will be quick to identify problems and will relish the opportunity to work to resolve issues and improve the way we work.
- In due course you should expect to be accountable for developing new specialist networks to support the delivery of some additional Network-based projects bringing other members of the team in when required.
You will have the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- An experienced Manager, preferably in a community and/or network context and/or a social innovation organisation
- Proven problem solver, with evidence of providing simple, practical solutions to complex problems
- Experience of performance management, quality assurance & compliance
- Experience of empowering staff to perform at their best and to develop to meet Good Things Foundation Australia long term needs
- Experience of managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects and work streams to meet organisational objectives and the needs of the network
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond your immediate job description
- Ability to think innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows.
- Proactive and flexible to taking on new areas of work and doing whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and your team
- Excellent communications, influencing and negotiations skills
You must be prepared to undertake occasional pre-agreed out of hours work and/or travel to support operational planning and network recruitment/engagement activities.
The Be Connected Network is a new network of community-based organisations supporting Australian seniors and other groups to build their digital confidence and skills. Good Things Foundation is working with the Australian Department of Social Services to build and manage this network through a three-year partnership programme.
Good Things Foundation Australia is a subsidiary of Good Things Foundation, based in the UK, who deliver a range of projects and programmes for the UK government and other partners. We're looking to grow our small Sydney-based team with friendly, passionate and innovative individuals who really want to make a difference.
Please apply by emailing a personal statement saying why you're perfect for the role and an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.