We are looking for a dynamic, ambitious and values-driven, highly proactive individual to join a collaborative and ambitious team, managing a national digital inclusion network in Australia. This role will offer the opportunity to make your mark within a growing organisation.
You are discrete and proactive, you can manage your time well with a good understanding of the time constraints, you are good at prioritising, and you have great communication skills.
You enjoy doing background research, helping to prepare and format briefings and presentations, independently following up on contacts and providing support in stakeholder management activities.
You will often work independently, but be happy to work as part of a team within the Good Things Foundation Australia office and with our colleagues in the UK. You are willing to learn quickly and work outside your comfort zone if necessary.
You will have demonstrable passion for the role of digital technology to deliver social change and have been proactive in making a sustainable difference through voluntary or other activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing all aspects of administrative support to our National Director, such as, organising meetings, travel, managing communications, drafting documents and emails
- Supporting the National Director in doing background research, managing project deadlines, helping to prepare and format briefings and presentations, providing support in stakeholder management activities
- Liaising with the Good Things Foundation Australia and UK teams to support smooth running of the Australian office through development and implementation of administrative processes in consultation with the Australian team and National Director
You will have experience of:
- Working for Senior Management or providing personal administrative support
- Experience in the office administration and the development of office administration processes
- Demonstrable passion for the role of digital technology to deliver social change
- Being proactive in making a sustainable difference through voluntary or other activities
You will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written skills
- Confident communicator
- Ability to think innovatively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
- User of social media
- Excellent IT skills - word processing, spreadsheets, slides/powerpoint, email etc
- Knowledge of Australian social purpose sector, issues and social policy
- Experience of working with external partners or potential partners in Australia and/or the world
- Knowledge of at least one of the strategic areas in which Good Things Foundation operates (digital inclusion, social inclusion)
- User of Google apps for document creation and sharing
Good Things Foundation Australia is a subsidiary of Good Things Foundation, based in the UK, who deliver a range of projects and programs for the UK government and other partners.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.