Job type: Full time - fixed term (37.5 hours per week or to be agreed) until December 2021
Salary: Up to $70,000 per annum pro rata (excluding super & salary packaging)
Location:Brisbane (home working) or Sydney (office and work from home)
Closing date: Monday, 19 April 2021
Do you want a purposeful role, helping people to improve their lives through digital?
Are you passionate about researching key issues for people experiencing digital exclusion, analysing information and data, and supporting project design and implementation?
Our Policy and Projects Officer will be responsible for monitoring the external policy environment and supporting the development of position statements on key digital inclusion issues, including bringing together an evidence base, defining the solutions to challenges, and writing engaging communications that describe Good Things Foundation’s positions.
This role is a fixed-term (December 2021) opportunity with an immediate start. We offer excellent salary packaging benefits.
You will be involved in the development of new programs and service models that respond to the needs of people who are digitally excluded.
You will also provide project support to the Head of Collaborative Projects in the planning and management of Good Things Foundation collaborative projects with external partners, including project planning support, reporting and evaluation.
You will work as part of a small team in the Australian office of Good Things Foundation, and liaise with our UK colleagues.
You are self sufficient and able to work under your own initiative to juggle competing priorities. Your ability to collaborate with others, including international colleagues, and being flexible will be key to your success.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum 3 years experience in a project management or policy officer (or equivalent project support) role.
- Tertiary education in communications, social policy, humanities or related field (desirable)
- Project management qualification (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking research and developing engaging advocacy material that has cut-through with target audiences
- Demonstrated experience writing submissions, proposals and research reports
- Experience communicating complex research or concepts in easy-to-understand formats
- Experience planning and delivering stakeholder engagement activities involving government, community sector, and/or healthcare providers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or supporting projects or policy in the community or digital health sector
- Experience working to address digital inclusion, or in the digital health sector or with disadvantaged groups in Australia is desirable
- Proficient in Google suite
- Ability to use project planning tools, ideally web-based (e.g. Monday.com)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly analyse, research and understand complex information from multiple sources and communicate this simply and effectively for others.
- Proficient in project planning and management techniques
- Qualification in project management (desirable)
- Ability to undertake project reporting and evaluation (desirable).
Good Things Foundation is a social change charity, helping people to improve their lives through digital. We work with partners in thousands of communities across Australia. We’re looking to add to our small Sydney-based team with a friendly, passionate and innovative individual who really wants to make a difference.
If you would like to join us please apply by emailing a cover letter (max 2 pages) stating why you are interested in the role of Policy and Projects Offficer and the importance of social change to you with an up-to-date resume to email@example.com
View full job description