Are you looking for an exciting role building a new digital inclusion network in Australia?
Good Things Foundation - who have recently secured a contract to run the Be Connected network - are looking for an ambitious, motivated and organised individual to join their small team. You'll be building a new network of community-based organisations from scratch, so will need to help us form new partnerships, develop the network's strategic direction, and support community organisations to have the biggest impact.
Reporting to the Director of Good Things Foundation Australia you will be pivotal for Good Things Foundation's culture, structure and growth. With excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, you bring together end to end responsibility for managing relationships with partners - securing new opportunities with new/existing partners, developing and delivering projects.
You are a source of market intelligence, 'negotiators' for partnerships, and the creators of new partnership proposals and concepts, working collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation: network, design & innovation, marcomms, digital and learning.
Ultimately, you are driven by a desire to make good things happen with digital and to change people's lives, finding and developing relationships with partners who share our vision for a world where everyone benefits from digital, and can help us deliver our strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Proactively engaging new large national and specialist partners in our work and our programmes
- Stakeholder mapping and management
- External engagements (events, meetings) that raises our profile and drives partner engagement
- Oversee the delivery of medium value projects, managing budget for the project
- Writing policy briefings on new policy and policy issues as they emerge, supporting the Director to secure new partnerships
- Market scanning for Good Things Foundation Australia, compiling reports of new developments and making recommendations
- Writing and costing proposals and bids.
You will have the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Coordinating strategic and/or business planning processes in a diverse and complex organisation
- Managing relationships with external partners
- Developing project proposals and securing agreement from external partners
- Costing/pricing work and negotiating terms
- Co-ordinating the delivery of project work
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Commitment to delivering Good Things Foundation's mission in partnership with others
- Fantastic people skills - motivate, support, lead, and coach people to give their best
- Curiosity, energy, boundless enthusiasm especially for the areas in which we work
- Ability to use judgement, discretion and make decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and work positively across teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Google docs
The Be Connected Network is a new network of community-based organisations supporting Australian seniors and other groups to build their digital confidence and skills. Good Things Foundation is working with the Australian Department of Social Services to build and manage this network through a three-year partnership programme.
Good Things Foundation Australia is a subsidiary of Good Things Foundation, based in the UK, who deliver a range of projects and programmes for the UK government and other partners. We're looking to grow our small Sydney-based team with friendly, passionate and innovative individuals who really want to make a difference.
Please apply by emailing a personal statement saying why you're perfect for the role and an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.