Job type: Full time, permanent
Location: Sydney, Australia
Salary: Up to $70,000 per annum plus superannuation depending on experience
Closing Date: 7 December 2018
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across UK, Australia and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is a new, innovative for-purpose organisation in Australia, supported by Good Things Foundation in the UK. We are focused on improving people's lives through digital. We're looking to grow our small Sydney-based team with friendly, passionate and innovative individuals who really want to make a difference by making the digital world accessible to all Australians.
We are currently looking for someone who will be responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies to engage our community partners and key stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and implementing key messages and communications
- Coordinating the Good Things Foundation Australia brand strategy
- Coordinating a network communications plan
- Contributing to communications strategies that build capacity in others to reach their audiences
- Liaising with traditional media and sector communications channels
- Writing blogs and news articles for the Be Connected Network and Good Things Foundation website
- Updating website pages and content, using a custom built CMS
- Running social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Using the MailChimp email marketing platform to send newsletters to stakeholders
- Designing communications materials using graphic design software.
- Playing a key role in the delivery and coordination of all aspects of our signature campaign Get Online Week
- Coordinating the delivery and promotion of events that support partnership development and engagement
- Liaising with internal and external trainers on activities
You will have experience of:
- Communications roles within the community services sector
- Developing and implementing engaging communications targeted at broad and varied audiences
- Developing and delivering capacity building communications products
- Using social media and email campaigns in a community services industry to develop relationships with members or customers and achieve campaign and communication goals.
- Delivering high-quality materials using graphic design software
- Event organisation, promotion and management
- Working in a community setting or with community organisations is essential
- Contributing to the development and implementation of brand strategy
- Working to address digital inclusion as a key issue in modern Australia
With the following knowledge and skills:
- People focused with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to use judgement, discretion and make sound decisions and juggle competing priorities.
- A self-starter who can work innovatively and creatively with confidence under their own initiative and within a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work positively across teams including with international colleagues.
- Ability to respond flexibly and rapidly to emerging issues and requests
- Confident in the delivery of presentations
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Google suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in the use of key communications and design software
- Ability to master custom CMS and CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good vocabulary and attention to detail, including grammar and spelling.
- Ability to analyse and understand information in spreadsheets/reports and the ability to interpret this information for others.
- Knowledge of voluntary and community sector
- Commitment to helping socially and digitally excluded people
How to apply:
If you would like to join us please apply by emailing a personal statement (max 2 pages) saying why you're perfect for the role and an up-to-date resume to email@example.com by 6 December 2018.
Good Things Foundation operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.