Health My Way is a Good Things Foundation program supported by the Australian Digital Health Agency.
We know that 4 million people in Australia have limited digital skills1, but 22 million Australians now have an online summary of their health information on My Health Record2.
Good Things Foundation believes that supporting people to learn essential digital health literacy skills is critical to ensuring every Australian has the ability to make informed, confident choices when it comes to supporting their health and wellbeing online. In a recent survey, 70% of our network of community organisations said they were interested in providing digital health literacy support to meet this need.
Digital Health Literacy Pilot
In July 2019, we initiated a small-scale Digital Health Literacy Pilot to understand how best to support community organisations to help people to learn these skills.
This involved funding 10 Network Partners in Sydney Metropolitan Area and Ballarat and surrounding regions, and 2 Specialist Partners, to:
- test digital health literacy materials to ensure it meets the needs of the community;
- train 25 Digital Health Mentors to directly support 200 people to learn basic digital health skills; and
- engage 400 people through 12 community engagement events promoting digital health literacy.
Health My Way
Community organisations across Australia now have the opportunity to join the Health My Way program to support people to improve their digital health literacy.
Through Health My Way, 70 Network Partners will be funded to deliver Health My Way to their communities resulting in:
- 140 Digital Health Mentors trained
- 2,800 community members directly supported to see the relevance of digital health tools and build their skills and confidence in using them
- 5,600 people engaged in the topic of digital health literacy through 70 community engagement events.
As a Health My Way Network Partner, Good Things Foundation will provide participating organisations with $5,000 in funding, along with training and resources to enable you to engage with your community and deliver digital health literacy support.
Learn more about Health My Way Funding.
The Health My Way project will run from January - November 2020.
Digital Inclusion: Report of Online Behaviours in Australia 2016 (Australia Post / BehaviourWorks)
My Health Record Statistics as of September 2019, Australian Digital Health Agency